www.FedPrimeRate.com - The United States Prime Rate Website

Domain Blog

A blog about domain names and making a living on the Internet.

Friday, February 11, 2005

Parking Update: Domain Hop, Domain Sponsor, SEDO & AfterNIC

Put in my application for an account @ Domain Sponsor this morning. I should hear back from them within 3 business days according to their website. I'll setup 3-4 test domains @ Domain Sponsor and report back.

With my newly listed domains on SEDO, the domain name http://www.Rates.cc/ has become quite a superstar, with visitor traffic outshining other powerful domains in my portfolio like http://www.Debt.jp/ and http://www.DebtUSA.net/. I am, however, very disappointed with the parking revenue on SEDO and I have moved the parking for http://www.Rates.cc/ back to Domain Hop; set it to display ads from their Student Loans category (of course, I still have to wait for their relevancy department to approve the category request[bah!].) I will report on it's performance in the near future.

www.BrideUSA.net has wowed me with some excellent performance @ Domain Hop over the past few days. Web surfers are stopping by and they are liking what they see; well, they must be because they are doing plenty of clicking! I am hoping to see more great things with this domain over @ Domain Hop. Then again, I may temporarily move the parking for http://www.BrideUSA.net/ over to Domain Sponsor once my account is approved; from what I have seen, Domain Sponsor's parked pages offer more content & links than Domain Hop and I think that this would have a positive effect on the domain's parking performance.

Another domain doing well with clicks @ Domain Hop is www.GayUSA.us.

One thing I don't like about Domain Hop is that their parking pages offer about 5 sponsored links on the initial landing page, then there's a small "Next" link @ the bottom right corner of the page which, if clicked, would take the visitor to view more sponsored links. The link, however, is so small that a visitor could easily miss it, which translates to, "Ok, I'm dome here...Off to my next location." I'm going to contact Domain Hop about this today.

Still not ready to try AfterNIC's new parking system yet. I parked a few names on AfterNIC in 2003 and I wasn't satisfied at all with the revenue. However, I feel I should note here that I still think AfterNIC is quite easily the best exchange for buying and selling domain names out there; they have a great staff, excellent management and probably the best Escrow service for domain trading. If these other parking sites fail to deliver satisfying, sustained revenue, I guess I may give AfterNIC parking another spin. We'll see.

--> www.FedPrimeRate.com Privacy Policy <--

>  SITEMAP  <

2 Comments:

Blogger JostMon said...

Sedo was completely useless for me. I had my domains listed with them and parked with them for about 3 years. Not one lead and during the same time I sold 3 or 4 domains all well above $5000 by buyers simply contacting me directly using the email address for the domain owner. I was averaging about $3 a month in parking. I got fed up with them for their stupid limit rule for listing domains over $10,000. I took all the domains away and took parking to my godaddy reseller account. Last month they made $63 in PPC. That is about 20 times more than Sedo. I am upset that I lost on the extra money for 3 years but happy that I realized and stopped getting screwed by sticking with sedo. I am so mad at Sedo that I am spreading the word about my experience with their lackluster parking revenue.

Wednesday, August 03, 2011 7:14:00 PM  
Blogger Steve Brown said...

@ JostMon: I've never tried GoDaddy for parking. I'll take your advice and try one or two domains there. I register all my names there anyway. Thanks.

Thursday, August 04, 2011 3:05:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Horizontal RULE

www.FedPrimeRate.com - My Uncle Got Sucked Into A 'Home Depot' Phishing Scam

Horizontal RULE

bing

bing

FedPrimeRate.com
Entire Website © 2024 FedPrimeRate.comSM


This website is neither affiliated nor associated with The United States Federal Reserve
in any way. Information in this website is provided for educational purposes only.
The owners of this website make no warranties with respect to any and all content
contained within this website. Consult a financial professional before making important
decisions related to any investment or loan product, including, but not limited to,
business loans, personal loans, education loans, first or second mortgages,
credit cards, car loans or any type of insurance.