www.FedPrimeRate.com - The United States Prime Rate Website

Domain Blog

A blog about domain names and making a living on the Internet.

Saturday, March 12, 2005

Real Competition for AdSense?

Domainers, it looks like a new age in upon us. We all know how great AdSense is; they have the industry's best content matching, consistent, no-nonsense payouts, easy and efficient code implementation and management, excellent statistics & tracking--shall I go on? But there are many domainers out there who like me have invested a great deal in the AdSense program and that's scary from a business perspective. We all know that it's never a good idea to have all your eggs in one basket. I have AdSense code on over 400 sites. I've experimented with some competing programs but they've all failed to measure up. I've committed to AdSense, and that means that if something were to cause my account to be suspended or terminated--not for cheating as I would never do that--it would be a real punch in the gut. According to some, it is possible for a malicious competitor to generating clicks that would be considered "fraudulent" to the AdSense people and that could get my account terminated. I personally have faith in their system's ability to find the real cheats and not victimize the innocent, but you never know.

Well, Yahoo has stepped up to the plate and lots of people are very excited. AdSense has needed some serious competition for some time and it looks like it's finally arrived. I've checked out a prototype ad on a Yahoo employee blog site and it looks pretty good.

Many AdSense participants have complained about the lack of disclosure about certain policies and the strict rules imposed by Google. Justified complaint? Well, somewhat. I'm in business so I can understand that Google needs to protect it's technologies and other secrets. I am 100% certain that competing programs would love to get their hands on Google's secrets. But, on the other side, I think that Google should be more open. I was not happy to read about Google's decision to keep a larger cut of the revenue generated from ads displayed on publishers' sites. I read this news on some news website. It would have been nice to have gotten that news from Google, know what I mean, jelly bean? So maybe this new (and serious) competition will cause Google to relax their rules a bit. We'll see, I guess.

--> www.FedPrimeRate.com Privacy Policy <--

>  SITEMAP  <

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



Horizontal RULE

www.FedPrimeRate.com - My Uncle Got Sucked Into A 'Home Depot' Phishing Scam

Horizontal RULE

bing

bing

FedPrimeRate.com
Entire Website © 2024 FedPrimeRate.comSM


This website is neither affiliated nor associated with The United States Federal Reserve
in any way. Information in this website is provided for educational purposes only.
The owners of this website make no warranties with respect to any and all content
contained within this website. Consult a financial professional before making important
decisions related to any investment or loan product, including, but not limited to,
business loans, personal loans, education loans, first or second mortgages,
credit cards, car loans or any type of insurance.