www.FedPrimeRate.com - The United States Prime Rate Website

Domain Blog

A blog about domain names and making a living on the Internet.

Friday, April 15, 2005

SEDO's 30 Day Featured Listing Service

About 2 months ago, I had ordered SEDO's 30 Day Featured Listing service for a few of my domain names. All but one domain was listed successfully. When I emailed SEDO about the domain that didn't make it to their Featured Listings pages, I got a reply from SEDO's Director of Customer Relations:

...I checked your domain and it was listed in our showcase. Unfortunately it was in our German showcase (sedo.de) so I changed it to our US showcase (sedo.com) and added our UK showcase (sedo.co.uk) at no extra charge. I also set you up with a free category showcase for this domain.

Please let me know if you have any other questions. I'll be happy to help.

Best regards...

So, no apology, but at least they tried to make up for the mistake.

Just last week, however, the same thing happened when I tried to have another domain name listed in the Featured Listings section. The name never appeared so I emailed them again and got this response from the Director of Customer Relations:

...I definitely wanted to make sure you felt you got your money's worth here so I have added your domain back into the US showcase.

Let me know if you have any other questions. I'll be happy to help.

Best regards...

So, no apology and no admission of guilt. They listed the domain name but I was still quite annoyed. Why? Because the email makes it seem as though no mistake was made and that they're doing me a big favor by adding my domain name back into the US showcase. The name wasn't listed when I ordered it and if I hadn't contacted them about it I would have spent $39 for nothing. An apology was in order but instead I got a somewhat deceptive email.

I know: it's not the worst situation in the world but I don't think I can trust them to deliver exactly what they promise. I don't think I'll pay for another Featured Listing @ SEDO again. The exposure is pretty good but trust is important to me so I guess I'll save a few dollars and stick to other tried and true methods for promoting my domains.

--> www.FedPrimeRate.com Privacy Policy <--

>  SITEMAP  <

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



Horizontal RULE

www.FedPrimeRate.com - My Uncle Got Sucked Into A 'Home Depot' Phishing Scam

Horizontal RULE

bing

bing

FedPrimeRate.com
Entire Website © 2024 FedPrimeRate.comSM


This website is neither affiliated nor associated with The United States Federal Reserve
in any way. Information in this website is provided for educational purposes only.
The owners of this website make no warranties with respect to any and all content
contained within this website. Consult a financial professional before making important
decisions related to any investment or loan product, including, but not limited to,
business loans, personal loans, education loans, first or second mortgages,
credit cards, car loans or any type of insurance.