www.FedPrimeRate.com - The United States Prime Rate Website

Domain Blog

A blog about domain names and making a living on the Internet.

Monday, July 17, 2006

Many Webmasters and Publishers Are Still Hooked On PageRank!

Many website owners around the world have Google® PageRankTM (PR) on their minds these days. An interesting PageRank update happened recently, an update that added PR to index pages and certain internal pages that were heretofore languishing in PR0 territory. From what I've read in certain forums, pages with established toolbar PR have either stayed the same or experienced a moderate PR demotion.

Yeah, many of us were addicted to PR back when Google was the undisputed king of search. But now with other major players like Yahoo! and Ask.com aggressively improving the relevance of their search engine results pages (SERP's), many of us aren't as gung-ho about PR as we used to be. I think a lot of publishers out there are like me when it comes to PR: as long as my pages have some PR, that's just fine.

Of course, if a site has PR0 after months of white hat search engine optimization (SEO) then we panic, because if a site has nothing but PR0 pages despite serious promotion, then the site may have been completely and permanently delisted from the Google index, and that is definitely something to panic about.

PR Addiction Still Driving Site Owners Crazy!

Judging by the chatter in the forums where I often hangout, there are still quite a few site owners out there who are still addicted to PR. They act like PR is everything, like PR is all that matters, like...like if the index page of their flagship website dropped from PR5 to PR3, a deep and dark depression would ensue.

Are you still addicted to PR? Please take a moment to vote in the new Domain Blog Poll about PR (click here.) Your participation is appreciated, and feel free to post a comment here if you have some thoughts to contribute. Thanks!

--> www.FedPrimeRate.com Privacy Policy <--

>  SITEMAP  <

5 Comments:

Blogger Suresh said...

i own three websites and one which is a forum and it gets more hits a day and always google crawls on my forum.i didnt started to sell adspace because i need some more members and daily hits to my site so my page rank should increase.and also as a publisher i would making few bucks but in future i will make more bucks once page rank increased.

Tuesday, July 18, 2006 12:43:00 AM  
Blogger romeyng said...

PR is an important indication of how famous your site is, with reference to the google bot.

Usually high PR implies higher ranking in all famous search engine. But PR aren't everything.

I have a couple of site, including my Atomise .NET blog, which was PR3. I have no reason why due to the recent change, my PR went to 2. Anyway, the traffic is still the same, i do still receive some offer. and yup, it's a good site to come with.

Another undeveloped .info of mine surprising received PR3.

Morale of story, PR (page ranking) is not everything.


I still believe as long you got a good site, good content and feature. with consistent traffic. it is still wonderful even with a low PR

Tuesday, July 18, 2006 5:19:00 AM  
Blogger NJS said...

I own 2 websites...one has a PR 5 and other recently got PR 4 with this recent update. For me PR is everything as afterall there is still very less as user friendly ways to rank links....Laymans immediately notice sites with high PRs...they know a high PR means site has some repute and gets some traffic guranteed. I have sold numerous links on my PR 5 website...and none of the buyers hesitated in buying the links from me since PR 5 for them means some good traffic to their sites also.

SO I don't think PR has lost importance and webmasters should give it as importance as they give for other SEO techniques. Afterall first thing one notices about a site's rank is its PR in toolbar!!

Tuesday, July 18, 2006 10:18:00 AM  
Blogger Web Artist said...

I am owner of 3 directories, 2 forums and 2 websites. Pagerank to mean holds somewhat importance as it increases the value of adspace on my entire network. However getting good pagerank now is easy now for me as any new site would get good pagerank just by listing it on my present sites which have minimum PR of 4.

Pagerank also means i rank good in keywords/keyphrases in all SEs. This in turn leads to good traffic which is essential part of any business. Although PR may not be worry for other webmasters, it sure does effect me a little. But i am totally now dependent on PR for my adspace and traffic but having good one increases popularity and gives out more options to you.

Regards,

Admans.

Friday, July 21, 2006 6:12:00 AM  
Blogger Deelip said...

PR is really good for the business sites. Like domain name registration,web hosting and other business. The site can get customer through search result. But what about your local site. I mean like your personal site,your organisation which do not have any business like club.They do not need that anyway. I have a site for my college students. I just have a hording board in college then thats working fine. All students visit the site. I actually do not need other visitors outside of college also. So pr is necessary for business only in my view.

Sunday, August 06, 2006 10:59:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Horizontal RULE

www.FedPrimeRate.com - My Uncle Got Sucked Into A 'Home Depot' Phishing Scam

Horizontal RULE

bing

bing

FedPrimeRate.com
Entire Website © 2024 FedPrimeRate.comSM


This website is neither affiliated nor associated with The United States Federal Reserve
in any way. Information in this website is provided for educational purposes only.
The owners of this website make no warranties with respect to any and all content
contained within this website. Consult a financial professional before making important
decisions related to any investment or loan product, including, but not limited to,
business loans, personal loans, education loans, first or second mortgages,
credit cards, car loans or any type of insurance.