www.FedPrimeRate.com - The United States Prime Rate Website

Domain Blog

A blog about domain names and making a living on the Internet.

Sunday, April 10, 2005

Spammer Gets Sentenced To 9 Years!

I am in a constant battle to control the spam coming into my numerous email accounts. I am holding hundreds of domain names, and I've had to setup email accounts for at least a portion of these names, especially the names that I've partially or fully developed. The spam filter I'm using is effective but it's not perfect; I don't think it's possible to design the perfect spam filter. SpamBayes is well designed and I applaud the efforts of its creators, but I still need to spend my precious time "coaching" the software so that it can understand which email I want to keep and which should be banished to the junk mail folder.

You can imagine the grin that came across my face when I learned that a spammer has been sentenced to nine years in prison for spamming through AOL's servers. And this guy was sending out the worst kind of unsolicited email: he was trying to trick people into buying phony products and services. A spammer and a scammer.

--> www.FedPrimeRate.com Privacy Policy <--

>  SITEMAP  <

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

they should have given him life

Wednesday, April 13, 2005 10:57:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

> they should have
> given him life...

I think it's important to set an example in this case so I think a long sentence is warranted. Life? That's a bit too extreme I think! Can you imagine what it would be like to lose 9 years of your life to prison?

Domain Blog

Wednesday, April 13, 2005 11:15:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Horizontal RULE

www.FedPrimeRate.com - My Uncle Got Sucked Into A 'Home Depot' Phishing Scam

Horizontal RULE

bing

bing

FedPrimeRate.com
Entire Website © 2024 FedPrimeRate.comSM


This website is neither affiliated nor associated with The United States Federal Reserve
in any way. Information in this website is provided for educational purposes only.
The owners of this website make no warranties with respect to any and all content
contained within this website. Consult a financial professional before making important
decisions related to any investment or loan product, including, but not limited to,
business loans, personal loans, education loans, first or second mortgages,
credit cards, car loans or any type of insurance.