www.FedPrimeRate.com - The United States Prime Rate Website

Domain Blog

A blog about domain names and making a living on the Internet.

Friday, September 23, 2005

My Latest Acquisition: Forensics.TV

While performing my weekly scan of available .TV domain names, I found that the domain name Forensics.TV was available for registration. I was quite surprised to find that I could secure this name at a non-premium price--almost as surprised as when I found that Joy.TV was available--so I registered the name without hesitation! Forensics.TV is perfectly generic so I'm confident that there are no trademark issues with the name. Verisign is asking $2,000 per year to rent the singular form of the name, i.e. forensic.tv, so I have a feeling that Forensics.TV may have slipped under their radar. After all, "forensics" is more intuitive than "forensic".

Forensics-related TV shows are very hot here in America, both the true crime and fictional programs (Forensic Files, CSI, CSI:Miami, CSI:NY, CSI:Mars, etc.) so I think this name can do great things. I wouldn't be surprised to find that forensics related TV shows are popular in other countries as well (please post a comment if you have any insight!) Most TV shows make me sick to my stomach (everything is so "dumbed-down" these days), but I have to confess that Forensic Files is the one TV show that I watch with some regularity (though I do try to catch Nova or FrontLine when I can.) I just can't get enough of all the ways people try to get away with murder. Fascinating stuff. And when you factor in that many murders go unsolved, it really puts the violence of our society into perspective, no doubt.

I'm parking Forensics.TV over @ AfterNIC for now since I have no real plan for development at the moment. Wish me luck with the name!

--> www.FedPrimeRate.com Privacy Policy <--

>  SITEMAP  <

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



Horizontal RULE

www.FedPrimeRate.com - My Uncle Got Sucked Into A 'Home Depot' Phishing Scam

Horizontal RULE

bing

bing

FedPrimeRate.com
Entire Website © 2024 FedPrimeRate.comSM


This website is neither affiliated nor associated with The United States Federal Reserve
in any way. Information in this website is provided for educational purposes only.
The owners of this website make no warranties with respect to any and all content
contained within this website. Consult a financial professional before making important
decisions related to any investment or loan product, including, but not limited to,
business loans, personal loans, education loans, first or second mortgages,
credit cards, car loans or any type of insurance.