www.FedPrimeRate.com - The United States Prime Rate Website

Domain Blog

A blog about domain names and making a living on the Internet.

Friday, November 11, 2005

A Recent, System-Related Improvement @ GoDaddy.com Is Very, Very Welcome

I'm a bit obsessed with efficiency. I have to be. Managing hundreds of Internet domain names is no simple matter, and anything that slows down the day-to-day handling of multiple domain names can drive even the most patient person mad with frustration. As you can imagine, I appreciate anything that can help to streamline or simplify the management of my every expanding list of domain names.

So I was very pleased to read about the latest improvement over @ GoDaddy.com, the domain name registrar that I use most often.

Before today, if I needed to change e.g. the nameservers (or is it "name servers"?) for a block of names, I would have to first unlock the names in question, then I would have to wait for the system to update, then I would change the nameserver settings, wait again for the system to update, then I would have to lock up these reconfigured domain names in order to safeguard them against domain hijacking. Mama mia!

As of today, I can change the nameservers for my GoDaddy registered names without having to unlock them, then re-lock them when I'm done; the GoDaddy system is now sophisticated enough to handle the nameserver change request while keeping the names in question locked. Hallelujah! This improvement will actually save me a lot of time, believe it or not, as I do need to change the nameservers for my names often.

It's about time really: I've never had to do the unlock/lock dance over @ eNom, and I'm sure that most large registrars handle simple nameserver requests without any hassles.

With improvements like this, I may be able to avoid the pain and misery of carpal tunnel syndrome after all!

--> www.FedPrimeRate.com Privacy Policy <--

>  SITEMAP  <

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I use godaddy regularly. And was fed up of that locking and unhlocking system. But now it is very easy. Thanks to godaddy.

By the way after all godaddy is the best registratr I have ever seen.

You can say it is dady of all the registrars over there.

Thanks.

Tuesday, November 29, 2005 1:28:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Horizontal RULE

www.FedPrimeRate.com - My Uncle Got Sucked Into A 'Home Depot' Phishing Scam

Horizontal RULE

bing

bing

FedPrimeRate.com
Entire Website © 2024 FedPrimeRate.comSM


This website is neither affiliated nor associated with The United States Federal Reserve
in any way. Information in this website is provided for educational purposes only.
The owners of this website make no warranties with respect to any and all content
contained within this website. Consult a financial professional before making important
decisions related to any investment or loan product, including, but not limited to,
business loans, personal loans, education loans, first or second mortgages,
credit cards, car loans or any type of insurance.